REASONS TO REJECT THE HYPOTHESIS THAT MAN HAS EXISTED FOR MILLIONS OF YEARS
1. If man has been around on the earth for 1 million years, why do we only possess 5 - 6 thousand years of recorded history? Why does the Egyptian hieroglyphic writing abruptly appear in their civilization? Or, Maya hieroglyphic writings of the Zapotecs in Oaxaca, Mexico. Or, around 4100-3800 BC, Mesopotamian tokens were found that used symbols that could be impressed or inscribed in clay to represent a record of land, grain, or cattle transactions as their written language.
2. Why do most civilizations have written records of the flood?
- Over 500 Flood legends worldwide in the ancient civilizations such as (China, Babylon, Wales, Russia, India, America, Hawaii, Scandinavia, Sumatra, Peru, and Polynesia) all have their own versions of a giant flood. These written traditions all reveal the real beginning of our present civilization.
3. Population growth.
- If mankind has lived on the earth for a million years the population growth would have overflowed the world. At our current rate of population increase of 2% per year two people could generate 3.5 billion people in only 1075 years. Since written records go back over 4,000 years, it is obvious that the average growth rate throughout past history has been considerably less than the present rate. Therefore, if the population increased at an average rate of only 1/2% you could generate the present world population in only 4000 years. It is obvious that at this slower rate of population increase of only one-fourth of the present rate of growth, if man have lived on the earth for over a million years our population should be at a minimum of 1 trillion 500 billion people. In addition, this figure is low because it does not take into account the exponential rate of growth of population.
- Look at the fact of exponential growth: At the time of Christ = 140 million people, 1000 = 280 million, 1804 = 1 Billion, 1927 = 2 Billion, 1960 = 3 Billion, 1974 = 4 Billion, 1987 = 5 Billion, 2000 = 6 Billion.
- These figures reveal the fact that the Bibles revelation of the age of the earth of six thousand years is much more plausible than the evolutionists claim of a million years.
4. The build-up of mud and silt at the mouth of the Mississippi River.
- This river sends 80,000 tons of mud and silt per hour per day out into the Gulf of Mexico. It doesn't take much understanding to conclude that after a million years the Mississippi delta should be stopped up. What would it look like after 70 million years? Evolutionists teach that this is when the dinosaurs roamed the earth.
5. The growth of the Great Barrier Reef.
- Scientist have done a growth study on the reef and observed it for 20 years. They estimated it’s age as 4,200 years old.
6. The erosion of Niagara Falls.
- Scientists have measured its erosion at 4-5 feet per year or a total of 7 miles of erosion.
7. Oceans getting more salty.
- When it rains 30% of the water returns to the ocean through rivers and streams. This water contains mineral salts. The ocean waters evaporate leaving the salt. Therefore, the oceans are getting saltier every day. Today the ocean is 3.6% salt. If you take the rate of increase of the salt content and multiply it by millions of years the ocean would be like the Dead Sea in Israel. It could not support life.
This study was written by Pastor Steve Carr. If we can be of any further assistance please contact us at